Saturday, March 24, 2012

All I Want for Christmas is a....Garmin!

Yesterday, driving home from work, I started to have a migraine. I took some medicine to get rid of it, but not before the nausea set in. Tomorrow, I'll be running a 15k race and last night, needed to finish up the short runs for the week with a 3 miler. Funny, I knew if I didn't do the 3 miles, it wouldn't make a difference, but it just wouldn't stop nagging me!
 It's 8:00 pm, I'm feeling better, although a little stressed watching KU play N.Carolina.  Rock Chalk KU! Giving into the nagging, I get ready for a quick run.  During this run, for the first time, I thought I would have thrown up. You see, I ate 4 slices of frozen pepperoni pizza about an hour before the run.  I knew it would haunt me.  My metablosim came to a screeching hault a long time ago & it takes me many hours to digest food. Pizza burping is nasty even on a short run. 
Rounding the corner into our culdasac, I hit the stop button on my snazzy Timex watch. Hey, it has a light too!  In the dark pushing back my sleeve, I see that I ran 3 miles in 39 minutes! Wow! I was really dogging it!  The run didn't feel that slow, but I'm still doped up on medicine & pizza, so what do I know?
Earlier, I was texting my friend who's running with me tomorrow, about running safey.  She thinks I should carry something with me since I run in the dark on heavily traffic, lit roads. Entering into my kitchen, I find my phone and begin telling her I'm alive and how disappointed I was because I've ran 3 miles faster. As I text her, I pull back my sleeve & see 29:39! Holy crap, I really do need a Garmin!  The Garmin Forerunner 110 or 405, I can't decide.   I've been giggling about this since last night.  What's your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment