Sunday, February 2, 2014

February, March, April Races 2014

On February 16th, 2014, I'll be running the Coronado Valentine's Day 10K. Sounds like a blast and an easy run to get me back into the swing of things. This race supports the Stephen J. Wampler Foundation & the Island Sports Foundation.
March 16, 2014, running the Temecula St. Patrick Day 15k fits in well with my marathon training for the RockNRoll San Diego Marathon in June. Sandy Feet always puts a well organized races.

Sandy Feet Events always operates by a set of 10 core values, at all of our events we strive to:
  1. Be crowd pleasers.
  2. Always exercise integrity.
  3. Think positive.
  4. Take ownership.
  5. Embrace change.
  6. Enhance our community.
  7. Be creative problem solvers.
  8. Create fun and a little weirdness.
  9. Be passionate and determined.
  10. Be classy!
The Avocado Half Marathon was suppose to take place at the end of February, but event planners were unable to secure the road closures. This was changed to April 12, 2014. I like that it's on a Saturday, but hopefully they will have same day bib pick up. It will run in conjunction with the 28th Annual Avocado Festival.
Charities include:
Wounded Warrior Regiment, Boys & Girls Club of North County & Jeremiah's Ranch.
Happy racing & run strong!

2 comments:

  1. Yay races! I've never run a 15K - in fact I don't think I've ever heard of that distance in the UK! I have done a 10-miler (about the same) and that's a great distance for a race I think. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! 15K & 10 miler's are similar and a great long run while training for upcoming half marathons. Are you planning any other marathons this year?

      Delete