Thursday, March 28, 2013

There's No Crying in Running!

Why am I crying?  When I was discharge last week after a laparascopic appendectomy, I was told to follow up with my primary care in 2 weeks, not with the general surgeon. Yesterday, I had an appointment with with my primary care physician. Today, I get a call from the general surgeon's office, stating I would need to see the surgeon at least once following my surgery. Are you still with me?  I know it's a boring topic. It's just a crazy selfish runner ranting and thanking you for listening.
Understanding the physician will always side with caution, I asked the general surgeon's nurse will there be any diagnostic testing during or after the exam to see if the incisions have healed?  The nurse replays, no this is only a physician's examinations of my abdomen. I scheduled an appointment with the general surgeon.
My frustration builds because I have to pay another co-pay to hear another doctor say "you can't run for another 3 to 4 weeks"! I GET IT! My primary care doctor already told me the same thing. I have another appointment with my primary care next week and another co-pay.
In total, I'll pay $95 in co-pays.  I don't get a t-shirt that says I've completed 3 to 4 weeks of NOTHINGNESS. This is no medal from crossing over the 4 week hash mark. There will be no split times, no water stations, and no one to cheer me into that final day. I'm sure there's a joke here some where...how many doctors have to see you to tell you not to run?
What a crock of poop.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment