Sunday, April 8, 2012

Keeping My Eye on Malibu

I've been geeking out about the Malibu Marathon, viewing videos, reading blogs, looking at maps of the course, then transition markers on to maps & viewing terrain, satellite (google earth is the best) & elevation charts. Hahahahahaha go ahead and laugh!   I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to drive to the courses I was about to run. I have to draw the line some where right? If I decide to do this one,to the best of my internet abilities, I will know of every hill in the race. I take less time choosing an outfit than I do researching a potiential race. My poor friend Ann, who has become a great mentor to me, has her phone blown up with a dozen text messages about the race course. It's as though I've gonna coco for cocopuffs! Don't even get me started on the weather!

4 comments:

  1. Haha this made me laugh :-)

    I thought I was the only crazy person that did this!

    I messed up for Madrid though as I was blinded by the Rock 'n' Roll concept and signed up regardless of the hills....If only I had known then what I know now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazzzzzy right?! But it helps me work through my run if I think I know what I am doing.

      Delete
  2. I ran the half at Malibu last year and my hubby ran the full. It was so much fun and the views are GREAT! I'm a scenery person and this was my kind of race. Plus, finish at the beach, get a beach towel, and hang out? Yes, it was perfect. It's definitely a hilly course, but in my thought worth every hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paulette! I've heard it's pretty windy too after the sunrises. Can't wait to sign up!

      Delete