Sunday, March 2, 2014

Gym Membership

Over the last several days we had enough rain for mud slides, flooding, over filling the water in our pool, keeping me indoors, & unable to RUN! It wasn't enough to end the drought in SoCal, but thank you God for that miracle.
I have text my husband twice in a year, claiming I was going to drive over to the nearest gym and join up immediately! Can you guess what the weather was like when I text him?
My husband has a gym membership & takes my son with him most of the time for basketball workouts. I'm not a fan of a treadmill, because I find myself running up onto the stupid cover in front of me so I raise it up to in incline. The elliptical, I found I didn't get the same impact as the treadmill. *sigh*
There's no crying in running, so my whiny ass did some half hearted videos, cried over spilt milk, and drank diet Coke. Tomorrow, watch out! I'm back JACK!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I can't do the treadmill, it makes me feel like a hamster. The most I can do is 2-3 miles then I have to get off. I can't run right now but I still wouldn't run on the treadmill if I could. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welp, I've jumped the shark and joined the gym today. I really need the weight workout & the variety. You're right. Treadmills are sooooo boring after 3 miles. I like the speed workout though, but it's NOTHING like the open road. I can see how a treadmill would give me a false sense of pace per mile. Hahaha I ran 3 miles at a 9:50 minute pace. On the road, hahaha it's a 10:45 to 11:00 pace.

      Delete